How do I create and set up my wallet?
Before you can hold any cryptocurrency, you need to set up a wallet that supports BNB Chain. You can get a non-custodial on both your desktop computer and your mobile device. Choose a wallet that best suits your needs.
The three most popular wallets used with Bridges Exchange are Gnosis Safe, MetaMask, and Trust Wallet. Of course, you are welcome to use other non-custodial wallets that are BNB Chain compatible.
- As a multi-signature wallet, Gnosis Safe is the most secure among this list. In fact, it's the wallet that Bridges trusts and uses to manage the company wallets.
- BNB Chain support is built right in. No extra setup required.
- Due to the need for multiple keys, this wallet is less user-friendly.
- Gnosis Safe is available on their web app, iOS app, and Android app.
- You'll need to use WalletConnect to connect to applications, like Bridges Exchange. This is built directly into Gnosis Safe.
- Since a multi-signature wallet is essentially a contract, you'll need to have at least one "key" wallet with BNB already for the gas fees.
- MetaMask is also considered one of the most secure wallets.
- You can find MetaMask as a browser extension, iOS app, and Android app.
- MetaMask mobile apps have a built-in browser that allows you to easily connect to apps.
- While it is challenging to set up MetaMask for BNB Chain at first, MetaMask is very easy to use with applications like Bridges Exchange.
- MetaMask can also easily connect to the BNB Chain Testnet in case you are a developer or are testing applications.
- In case you get a hardware wallet, you can use MetaMask with it.
- Trust Wallet is also considered very secure, just like MetaMask.
- Trust Wallet has an iOS app and Android app.
- The Android app has a browser for decentralized apps to make it easy to connect to applications, but this feature is restricted on the iOS app.
- WalletConnect is included and required in case you want to connect to an application on your desktop computer.
- Support for BNB Chain is built right in to make it very easy to get started.
- Trust Wallet is not compatible with hardware wallets.